Ninth Grade Academy
TJ offers opportunities exclusive to incoming freshmen to get organized and familiar with the high school experience well in advance of starting back-to-school. During orientation, students review and receive schedules and have the opportunity to meet some of their 9th grade teachers the spring prior to freshman year. Freshman Academy (aka 9th Grade Orientation) takes place a couple weeks before the start of school and helps students understand school culture, expectations, policies and procedures. It’s a great time to get familiar with the building, location of classrooms and resources, and begin to make new friends and feel at home.
9th Grade Academy:
Ninth Grade Academy will prepare your student for high school before high school begins!
During the Ninth Grade Academy, students will:
- Learn ways to succeed in high school, such as understanding graduation requirements and the importance of a GPA and reading transcripts.
- Meet school staff and other TJ students.
- Earn 2.5 elective credits for completing the NGA and receive a small backpack with school materials.
- Receive free morning snacks and free RTD coupons for those who need transportation.
- Participate in engaging activities designed specifically for TJ students.
Details for the Thomas Jefferson High School Ninth Grade Academy are as follows:
Dates: Monday, August 9 – Friday, August 13
This will be the fifteenth year we are hosting a Ninth Grade Academy. Evaluation of the Ninth Grade Academy shows that students who participated improved their academic performance, had a stronger attachment to their high school and their peer groups, and were more likely to graduate from high school.
I strongly encourage you to take advantage of this unique opportunity. If you have any questions, please contact Erin Thompson, NGA Site Leader for TJ, at 720-423-7179 or firstname.lastname@example.org
. We look forward to seeing you at Thomas Jefferson High School’s Ninth Grade Academy!