Career and Technical Education
Career and Technical Education (CTE) provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary for specific careers. At Thomas Jefferson High School, CTE is a central focus of the Careers + Communication Technology (CCT) program. The CCT program at TJ prepares students for both college and careers by offering a combination of academic, technical and experiential learning.
Here are some key benefits of Career and Technical Education:
- Skill Development: The CCT program emphasizes the development of practical skills that are directly applicable to specific professions. Students gain hands-on experience in Audio Production, Business, Computer Science, Design, Journalism, Photography, Robotics and Video Production.
- Relevance to the Workforce: The CCT program at TJ collaborates with industry partners, ensuring that the curriculum is aligned with the needs of the workforce. This makes graduates well-prepared for the demands of the job market.
- Career Exploration: The CCT program allows students to explore various career paths and industries before committing to a specific college major or career. This exploration helps students make more informed decisions about their future.
- College and Career Readiness: The CCT program aims to prepare students for success in both higher education and the workforce. Graduates of the CCT program possess a combination of academic knowledge and practical skills that make them competitive in various fields.
- Work-Based Learning Opportunities: Through participation in the CCT program, students have the opportunity to participate in internships, apprenticeships, and other work-based learning experiences. These opportunities provide students with real-world exposure and help them build a network within their chosen industry.
Overall, the CCT program at Thomas Jefferson High School plays a crucial role in equipping students with the tools they need to succeed in both college and careers.
Click here to learn more about the Careers + Communication Technology program at TJ
Click here for the Denver Public Schools Career and Technical Education page