All excused tardies must be received by 2:30 pm on the same day of occurrence to avoid automated attendance calls. All absences are to be excused within 48 hours of occurrence.
(Tardies are less than 10 minutes late. More than 10 minutes is considered an unexcused absence and/or truancy and may result to being assigned In School Intervention for the remainder of the period)
- Students who are tardy must report to the main office to receive a tardy pass in order to gain entry into class
- Being tardy to class results in a 20 minute detention to be served during lunch on the same day of occurrence or the following day.
- Failure to serve detention, and/or multiple tardies in a single day, will result in parent contact and a restorative conversation with the Student Excellence Team
- Habitual tardy issues will result in parent contact and assignment to Saturday school (Dates/Times to be determined and posted on school website)
- Failure to serve Saturday school can result in In School Intervention up to a full school day and possible parent meeting with administration
- Truancy will result in parent contact, a restorative conversation with the Student Excellence Team and lunch detention.
- Multiple truancies will result in assignment to Saturday school
- Failure to serve Saturday school will result in being assigned to In School Intervention up to a full school day and possible parent meeting with administration
Students are required to work on school assignments and/or perform school community service during Saturday School
To excuse tardies and absences please call the automated attendance line at 720-423-7040. This line is for leaving messages only.
To speak with the attendance clerk regarding early dismissals or attendance issues please call the direct line at 720-423-7041 or main office at 720-423-7000.
For additional information of DPS policies, please visit the Policies & Procedures Guide at http://communications.dpsk12.org/languages/
For information on state law pertaining to school attendance visit http://www.cde.state.co.us/choice/homeschool_attendancelaw
If your student needs to be released from school early, please adhere to the following options:
>When arriving to pick up your student, come to the front reception desk for pick up. ID will be required.
> Send a note to school with your student to dismiss early. Student is to bring the note to the attendance desk for a pass to leave class early.
If it is a last minute emergency and the student will be transporting themselves, please call the attendance desk at 720-423-7041 for assistance.
We will not be dismissing students early per a phone call. We must ensure that students are being released to a parent/guardian.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.